The Railway in Bawdrip
In 1890 the Bridgwater Railway Co. opened a line between Bridgwater and Edington Burtle to link the town with the Somerset and Dorset line. The track was constructed through the middle of Bawdrip village.
A passenger halt was built there in 1923. The line closed in 1954 and at least one house has been built along part of its course in the village.
For more on the Railway (click here)